Thabo Mothibi, Managing Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of managing the workplace conflict, the Northern Cape MEC for Health, Ms Fufe Makatong yesterday set aside time to meet with SALIPSWU as per their request earlier this week following the health service delivery interruptions that led to the temporary closure of primary health care facilities, particularly in the Sol-Plaatje municipality.
The union representatives appreciated the platform created by the MEC and further highlighted their plight in relation to variations in salary deductions of community health workers. The union also cited this as part of their main reason for interrupting health services, in an attempt to demand attention of the provincial department.
In restoring calm and stability in the delivery of health care services, SALIPSWU committed to demobilise its members from embarking on any potential strike, to allow MEC an opportunity to deal with this matter expeditiously so.
With regards to issues raised, MEC committed towards commissioning an investigation on the salary deductions of community health workers.
Despite the fact that SALIPSWU is not a recognised union at bargaining council and in the health sector, MEC Makatong always maintained a principle of creating an open door policy to engage with any stakeholder.
She further reiterated her open door policy in ensuring continuous engagements with organised labour in the health sector to manage any workplace conflict in future.
For enquiries Contact: Mr Lebogang Majaha
Media Liaison Officer
Office of the MEC for Health
Northern Cape Province
071 8836 404
- Kagiso Alamu: Premier Dr Zamani Saul Is The Servant-Leader We Deserve - 04/07/2019
- REVOLUTIONARY TRIBUTE TO CDE DUMA LEBAKENG BY MODISE LETSELEBE - 30/05/2019
- MEC INTERVENTION IN RESTORING HEALTH SERVICES IN THE FRANCES BAARD DISTRICT - 02/05/2019
- THE ANC STATEMENT ON THE COURT JUDGEMENT - 10/12/2018
- AGRO-PROCESSING INVESTMENT AND TRADE FAIR CANCELLED - 09/11/2018
- TSALFA HAILS KUMBA AMID NEDBANK CUP SEMI-FINAL FEAT - 16/10/2018
- A WARRIOR HAS FALLEN - 10/10/2018
- FIRE BRIGADE PUTS OUT BLAZE AT ROBERT MANGALISO SOBUKWE HOSPITAL - 08/10/2018
- INFERNO AT SUTHERLAND HIGH SCHOOL - 27/09/2018
- MEDIA STATEMENT ON THE SECTION 106 INVESTIGATION IN SOL PLAATJE MUNICIPALITY - 28/08/2018