Thabo Mothibi, Managing Editor, email@example.com
The African National Congress in the Northern Cape welcomes the judgement made today in the Kimberley High Court in the case Eric Khotseng and others vs Dr. Z Saul and others.
We are of the view that the court has once again vindicated the ANC constitution and has sent out a strong message to ANC members to abide by the resolution of the 54th National Conference, which was clear in terms of members of the ANC taking it to court. We maintain that the courts should never be used to fight against any structure of the ANC, but rather we should exhaust all ANC processes. We would also further implore that any further litigations should not be an attempt at abuse of court processes in order to fight internal party-political battles
We call on all members and supporters of the ANC in the province to ensure that we work towards unifying the ANC in the Northern Cape.
The first applicant’s application for renewal of membership would be dealt with in accordance with rule 4.4 of the ANC constitution which reads, ‘applications for membership shall be considered by the branch Executive Committee (where such exists) in consultation with the Branch General Meeting, and by the Regional Executive Committee, if no Branch Executive Committee Exists. The Branch Executive Committee, the Regional Executive Committee or such interim structures as the Provincial Executive Committee or the NEC may create from time to time to decide on applications, may accept or refuse any application for membership provided such acceptance or refusal is subject to review by the next higher organ of the ANC’, as his renewal of membership is not automatic.
PROVINCIAL LIST CONFERENCE
The Provincial List conference will take place on Saturday 08 December 2018 at the Upington Tvet College. The conference which will see just over 85% of delegates that were elected by branches to represent them at the conference vote for the comrades to represent the ANC both at the Provincial Legislature and at the National Assembly. Branches of the ANC displayed high levels of discipline throughout all processes leading up to the Provincial List conference, which is a clear sign that we will soon realise our vision of a united ANC in the Northern Cape. Pre-registrations have been completed and today delegates will be registering at the J Shimane hall until 8pm tonight.
We are confident that the conference will go ahead smoothly. We wish those who will be travelling to Upington a safe journey.
Issued by the African National Congress- Northern Cape
Media Liaison Coordinator
- THE ANC STATEMENT ON THE COURT JUDGEMENT - 10/12/2018
- AGRO-PROCESSING INVESTMENT AND TRADE FAIR CANCELLED - 09/11/2018
- TSALFA HAILS KUMBA AMID NEDBANK CUP SEMI-FINAL FEAT - 16/10/2018
- A WARRIOR HAS FALLEN - 10/10/2018
- FIRE BRIGADE PUTS OUT BLAZE AT ROBERT MANGALISO SOBUKWE HOSPITAL - 08/10/2018
- INFERNO AT SUTHERLAND HIGH SCHOOL - 27/09/2018
- MEDIA STATEMENT ON THE SECTION 106 INVESTIGATION IN SOL PLAATJE MUNICIPALITY - 28/08/2018
- PROTEST IMPACT ON EDUCATION - 31/07/2018
- NORTHERN CAPE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION: SCHOOL RE-OPENING ASSESSMENT - 17/07/2018
- LOCAL HANDMADE SLIPPERS FINDS EXPRESSION AT THE 2018 TORINO FASHION WEEK IN ITALY - 15/06/2018