Thabo Mothibi, Managing Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org
The build-up to the tourism sector’s flagship competition, the Lilizela Tourism Awards for 2019 that are to be staged at Pretoria’s Sun Arena on 9 November 2019, kick-off in the Northern Cape’s capital of Kimberley last night.
In an evening marked by pomp and ceremony, winners were named across the 10 categories which had drawn 43 entrants with 23 qualifying for the finals:
Tour Operator – Touch Lets Go Travel & Tours Agency
Events Venue – Naba Lodge Conference Facility
Action & Adventure – Gravity Adventures Northern Cape
Culture & Lifestyle – The Workshop Ko Kasi
Roots & Culture – The Workshop Ko Kasi
Self-Catering Exclusive – Rhino Manor
Bed & Breakfast – Browns Manor
4 star – African Vineyard Guesthouse
3 star – De Herberg Lodge
5 star – River Place Manor
2 star – Naba Lodge Guest House
Lodge – 4 star – Mattanu Private Game Reserve
Hotel – 1 star – Road Lodge Kimberley
The MEC’s special award was given to acclaimed tour-guide David Tlhabanelo who is based at the Kimberley Big Hole Museum.
By Thabo Mothibi
- NCAPE’S TEEMANENG RUNNING CLUB GETS OFF TO A RUNNING START WITH HALF-MARATHON - 05/02/2020
- NCAPE SET FOR A SOLID SPORTS TOURISM CATCH FROM UNDER-19 CRICKET WORLD CUP - 18/12/2019
- ON A LIGHTER NOTE: KIMBERLEY RESIDENT THABO MOTHUDI SAYS HE IS NO “JUMP BOY” BUT A “D.C – DESTINATION COORDINATOR.” - 06/12/2019
- TWO MAJOR EVENTS POWERS KIMBERLEY’S TOURISM THIS SUMMER - 29/11/2019
- GALESHEWE GENTLEMEN’S DINNER GOES BOLDER, PULE TAU BROADENS ACTS OF COMPASSION - 26/11/2019
- STARGAZING IN NORTHERN CAPE’S KALAHARI CRACKS NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC’S BEST TRIPS 2020 LIST - 21/11/2019
- NCAPE EDUCATION MEC MAC JACK LURES BUSINESSES TOWARDS PUBLIC GOOD - 13/11/2019
- NORTHERN CAPE BAGS FOUR AWARDS AT TOURISM’S LILIZELA AWARDS - 11/11/2019
- KGOSI GALESHEWE AND BATLHAPING LAND DISPOSSESSION BRAVELY CAST INTO POPULAR HISTORY - 06/11/2019
- LEGAL PRACTITIONERS WATCHDOG BODY ESTABLISHES NORTHERN CAPE OFFICE - 05/11/2019
Thabo Mothibi is a former broadcast journalist (TV and Radio) – with specialist reporting experience; SABC Political/Parliamentary and TRC Teams over a period of five years (1995 to 2000).
One key foreign assignment - is the 11-nation African Connection Rally – overland journey from Africa’s northern-most pole in the coastal Tunisian city of Bizerte to the southern-most pole in South Africa’s Cape Agulhas. From the journalistic years, Thabo then delved into Government media liaison and serving two former Ministers and three MECs. He became the Northern Cape Provincial Government’s first department based Communications Director at Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development - 2008-2010 – where he also served as Head of Ministry from 2003 – 2008.
As a former anti-apartheid activist, his political background and professional training aided him in spearheading the Northern Cape ANC’s 2004 National Elections media and publicity campaign and that of the 2006 Local Government Elections.
Whilst based in Waterkloof in Pretoria -2010 to end 2011, he consulted for Manstrat Agricultural Intelligence, then returned to the Northern Cape in 2012 to date, to consult independently and pursue other entrepreneurial interests in media and communications through KwaVuko Communications and Marketing.
Thabo Mothibi obtained his NQF7 through Wits University’s Graduate School of Public and Development Management (P&DM) in Johannesburg, a Unilever Mandela Rhodes Academy for Marketing and Communications Academy (UMRA). The goal of the NQF7 programme was to educate and train public and private sector professional communicators and marketers in government communications..