Thabo Mothibi, Managing Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement from the ANC NC:
The ANC officials in the Northern Cape have since this afternoon been in engagements with both the political and administrative leadership of the Sol-plaatje Municipality, this amidst the violent protest that has engulfed the Sol-plaatje Municipal area in particular Kimberley. We have noted as the ANC that what was to be a ‘peaceful’ protest by residents in Kimberley has now been overtaken by criminal elements.
In the interest of the community, the ANC has advised the political leadership of the municipality to place both the Municipal Manager and the Chief Financial Officer on voluntary leave pending the outcome of a thorough investigation. The ANC will in the interim meet with the leaders of the community to amicably resolve the impasse. The ANC further calls on community members who have evidence of any wrong doing to come forth and provide us with such in order to resolve the matter.
The ANC therefore calls on calm in our society, we urge community members to desist from damaging both municipal as well as private property. We plead with the community to be patient until this matter is being resolved.
Issued by the African National Congress -Northern Cape
Via Naledi Gaosekwe, Media Liaison Coordinator.
- MEC VILAKAZI LEADS THE CHARGE TOWARDS FESTIVE SEASON ROAD SAFETY IN NCAPE - 17/12/2019
- ALLEGED FEMALE FRAUDSTER AGED 50 ARRESTED IN KIMBERLEY - 05/12/2019
- DUO SET TO APPEAR IN COURT FOR WINDSORTON POLICE STATION ROBBERY - 05/12/2019
- NEW 3-IN-1 HIV PILL TO BE ROLLED OUT EARLY NEXT YEAR IN NCAPE - 02/12/2019
- CALVINIA POLICE SEIZE DAGGA WORTH R3 MILLION - 29/07/2019
- Sharp Increase In Northern Cape’s Festive Season Road Fatalities - 22/01/2019
- Four Die In Head-On Collision Near Kimberley - 27/09/2018
- KIMBERLEY SCHOOLS ARE BEING CLOSED FOR THE DAY - 30/07/2018
- Matika’s removal a victory for community say Andrew Louw - 25/07/2018
- SECTION 106 INVESTIGATION ON SOL PLAATJIE MUNICIPALITY - 24/07/2018