Thabo Mothibi, Managing Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement from the ANC NC:
The ANC officials in the Northern Cape have since this afternoon been in engagements with both the political and administrative leadership of the Sol-plaatje Municipality, this amidst the violent protest that has engulfed the Sol-plaatje Municipal area in particular Kimberley. We have noted as the ANC that what was to be a ‘peaceful’ protest by residents in Kimberley has now been overtaken by criminal elements.
In the interest of the community, the ANC has advised the political leadership of the municipality to place both the Municipal Manager and the Chief Financial Officer on voluntary leave pending the outcome of a thorough investigation. The ANC will in the interim meet with the leaders of the community to amicably resolve the impasse. The ANC further calls on community members who have evidence of any wrong doing to come forth and provide us with such in order to resolve the matter.
The ANC therefore calls on calm in our society, we urge community members to desist from damaging both municipal as well as private property. We plead with the community to be patient until this matter is being resolved.
Issued by the African National Congress -Northern Cape
Via Naledi Gaosekwe, Media Liaison Coordinator.
- PUT HANDS TOGETHER FOR DJ MAN-DEEP FOR THIS IS A ONE MAN SHOW - 24/11/2022
- (IN PICTURES): CLUB 2000 HOUSEHOLD ARMED ROBBERY FOILED, COMMUNITY CORNERS TWO SUSPECTS - 09/11/2022
- DOING TOURISM DIFFERENTLY VIA WINTER CAMPING ON THE GO GHAAP ROUTE - 05/08/2022
- STATE-OWNED NORTHERN CAPE CONSTRUCTION COMPANY LAUNCHED TO BOLSTER UPSKILLING - 02/08/2022
- COMEDIAN THEKISO “QUARTERLEG” MAARMAN DELVES INTO LIFE’S HARDSHIPS BY STAGING CHARITY ACTS - 21/07/2022
- Anti-Corruption Awareness Campaign Unleashed On CPAs - 14/06/2022
- FROM ON THE BRINK OF SUICIDE TO OVERWEIGHT AWARENESS CAMPAIGNING - 28/01/2022
- Community Owned Droogfontein Farm Fresh Eggs Could Hit The Shelves Soon - 08/12/2021
- Wholesale & Retail SETA ITAMED Sol Plaatje Municipality - 01/04/2020
- Wholesale & Retail SETA SMME Northern Cape - 29/03/2020